Our Days Are Numbered
“So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom” (Psalm 90:12 ESV)
What does it mean to number our days?
This means to fully understand the brevity of life; something that is difficult to do in the moment, particularly in our youth.
How do we capitalize on the brevity of life in order to gain a heart of wisdom?
- Love others more.
- Think of yourself less. (Do not mistake this with thinking less of yourself.)
- Trust godly wisdom as the Creator of all things more than human feelings and trends, which will mislead.
- Seize the opportunities that God has placed before you.
- Be satisfied with the results after you’ve given your best effort.
- Renew your soul daily with biblical truth and prayer.
Have a great day, whatever the number might be!
– Jim McNeff